The staff of the FCMC Self Help Resource Center is here to help you represent yourself in court without a lawyer. We cannot offer legal advice, but can point you to helpful resources.
Here is an overview of some of the things we can and cannot do.
What We Can Do
- Explain and answer questions about how the court works.
- Provide you with the phone number of the lawyer referral service, legal services program, and other services.
- Give you general information about the court rules, procedures, practices and terms.
- Provide you with court forms and instructions that are available as well as check your forms for completeness.
- Give you information about court deadlines, but we cannot compute court filing deadlines for you.
What We Cannot Do
- Recommend whether to should file a case or what actions you should take.
- Tell you what words to use in your court papers or what to say in court.
- Research or interpret the law for you. For example, we cannot tell you how the law applies to your case.
- Give you an opinion about what will happen if you bring your case to court.
- Change an order signed by a judge.
Please visit us when you are ready. We can be found at:
375 S. High Street, 6th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM